For the past couple of days a process called SyncServer started every 15 minutes or so and it would take over a 100% of the CPU on my MacBook Pro. Not quite sure what initiated this problem, but I found the remedy discussed in this Apple support case to be useful and apparently effective (well at least so far). I did have .Mac and BlackJack synchronization, so not sure if either of these applications caused this problem or not.
Here is the command that you’ll need to run (broken into a set of cd commands to fit the width of this column).
$ cd /System/Library/Frameworks/
$ cd SyncServices.framework/Versions/
$ cd A/Resources/
$ ./resetsync.pl full